Accessibility at Lake Lou Yaeger
We understand that some of our visitors need a little more information about accessibility resources when planning a trip. Below is a list of amenities that can be found throughout the park to make it more accessible for all to enjoy. We hope it helps you as you plan for your next trip to Lake Lou Yaeger.
If you have additional questions, please call the Lake Superintendent at 217-324-5832.
Marina 1 Amenities
- The accessible entrance to the Marina 1 Office and Store is located on the north side of the building. There is a directional sign located in the rear of the building to direct you.
- The comfort station on the southwest corner of the lower parking lot has accessible bathrooms.
- The boat slips on the north side of the Marina 1 Office has a ramp that is 4ft wide by approximately 28 ft long. The platforms between each boat are 3 feet wide. Parking has a time restrictions unless a special permit is received from the Lake Department. This is specifically important for those who will be camping and needing a place to leave their vehicle overnight.
Marina 2 Amenities
- The comfort station in the parking lot of Marina 2 has accessible bathrooms.
- Camping Cabins: Cabin #1 is accessible.
- Bi-Centennial (RV) Campground: the shower house and the campsites are accessible.
- Equestrian Campground: the shower house and the campsites are accessible.
Milnot Beach Amenities
- The accessible entrance to Milnot Beach is located along the fence on the south side of the building. The concession stand and beach house are also accessible via this entrance.
Picnic Areas Amenities
- Picnic Area 3 The pavilion is accessible. This picnic area has a sidewalk from the parking lot to the pavilion. An accessible picnic table can also be found at this picnic area.
- Picnic Areas 1 and 4 are accessible, however, these do require an individual to venture across unpaved surface to get to these pavilions. Each of these picnic areas has an accessible picnic table.
- The playground located at Marina 1 is accessible, although the ground is unpaved.
If you have a question about accessible resources, please call 217-324-5832.
(The above listing meets the EBA and ADA standards as published from 2012.)