Handicap Accessible Resources at Lake Lou Yaeger
We understand that some of our visitors need a little more information when planning their trip, and we hope this list helps you! Here is a list of our current handicap accessible amenities at Lake Lou Yaeger.
If you have additional questions, please call the Lake Superintendent at 217-324-5832.
- The handicap entrance to the Marina 1 Office and Store is located on the north side of the building. There is a directional sign in the rear of the building to direct you.
- The comfort station on the southwest corner of the lower parking lot has handicap accessible bathrooms.
- The boat slips on the north side of the Marina 1 Office are handicap accessible. The ramp is 4ft wide by approximately 28 ft long, and the platforms between each boat are 3 feet wide. Parking has a time restrictions unless a special permit is received from the Lake Department; this is specifically important for those who will be camping and needing a place to leave their vehicle overnight.
- The comfort station in the parking lot of Marina 2 has handicap accessible bathrooms.
- Camping Cabins: Cabin #1 is handicap accessible.
- Bi-Centennial (RV) Campground: the shower house and the campsites are handicap accessible.
- Equestrian Campground: the shower house and the campsites are handicap accessible.
- The handicap entrance to Milnot Beach is located on the south side of the building along the fence. The concession stand and beach house are also accessible via this entrance.
- Picnic Area 3 Pavilion is handicap accessible. This picnic area has a sidewalk from the parking lot to the pavilion and an ADA picnic table.
- Picnic Areas 1 and 4 are handicap accessible, however these do require an individual to venture across unpaved surface to get to these pavilions. Each of these picnic areas has an ADA picnic table.
- The playground located at Marina 1 is handicap accessible.
If you have a question about something that is not covered, please call 217-324-5832 to inquire so we can add the information to this listing!
The above listing meets the EBA and ADA standards as published from 2012.